From the dense wooded paths, with the gorges, waterfalls and lush beauty up to the alpine scenery and the wonderful naked peaks, Olymbos, offers every climber mountain trails of incredible beauty.
The exploration of Olympus will give you unique images and will travel you mentally, in the history, mythology and culture of Greece.
Litochoro is the main entrance gate to the mountain, since from the positions “Prionia” and “Gortsia” starts the ascents to its shelters and the peak, Mytikas (2.918 m). But there are other mountain routes, from all sides of the mountain.
The main trails of Olympus are well preserved and most have signs and informative signs.
The most common routes of Olympus are the following, while there are several more combinations between the routes, which can follow, depending on the degree of difficulty, simple hikers (always with the necessary equipment and escort guide) or experienced climbers.
Whatever route you take, always keep in mind some of the Basic Rules of mountaineering-climbing:
- Knowledge of our physical and mental capabilities
- Complete update and route planning (distance, time, degree of difficulty, communication with shelters)
- Weather update
- Suitable equipment (for hiking and weather conditions)
- Water and food supplies
- Escort of an experienced guide (or if we are experienced climbers escort of at least one more person)
- Environmental awareness. Let’s not forget that in every ascent to Olympus, we leave alone… our tracks.
MOUNT OLYMPUS TRAILS
- LITOCHORO – PRIONIA
- PRIONIA – AGIO SPILAIO – AGIOS DIONISIOS
- PRIONIA – REFUGE SPILIOS AGAPITOS
- REFUGE SPILIOS AGAPITOS – SKALA – MYTIKAS
- REFUGE SPILIOS AGAPITOS – LOUKI – MYTIKAS
- REFUGE SPILIOS AGAPITOS – OROPEDIO MOUSON
- GORTSIA – PETROSTROUGKA – OROPEDIO MOUSON
- OROPEDIO MOUSON – KORYFES
- LITOCHORO – GOLNA- KASTANA – LITOCHORO
- VRYSOPOULES – SKOLIO
- AGIA TRIADA VRONTOU- KREVATIA – MPARMPALA
- KREVATIA VRONTOU- PAPA ALONI – AGIA TRIADA
- AGIOS KONSTANTINOS – KOROMILIA – PETROSTROUGKA
- AGIA KORI – MASTOROULI – KLEFTOVRISI
- KOKKINOPILOS – MEGALI GOURNA – SKALA
- KOKKINOPILOS – KITROS – XEROLAKI
- XEROLAKI – REMA NAOUM- OROPEDIO MOUSON
- XEROLAKI – MEGALI GOURNA
- XEROLAKI – KARAISKINI- PAPA RACHI – OROPEDIO MOUSON
- KARIA – DIASELO METAMORFOSI/KAKAVRAKOU- SKOLIO – MYTIKAS
TRAILS MAP : (Olympus National Park Management Agency )